Cora+Krist is seeking a Freelance Senior Digital Designer who is innovative, self-starting, motivated to learn, excel and thrive in the digital space. There is no training manual, we won’t pretend to know everything, nor will we dictate your day-to-day work. We are looking for innovation, fresh ideas and new perspectives to drive client success further into the digital space.
This role will help support our growing client portfolio and work closely with senior leadership to drive initiatives and great work.
- Conceptualize and drive client discovery around design needs.
- Help educate team members on latest design trends and innovative direction for design execution
- Formulate user experience design and in some cases assist in wire framing and layout for digital interfaces (websites, apps, etc.)
- Create innovative designs and style guides that easily help facilitate the development stage.
- Ensure designs are executed properly in the final developed product to meet high usability standards, design aesthetics, and client requirements.
Excellent eye for design, imaginative, well-organized, good-natured, dedicated, flexible and passionate, you bring an advanced understanding of visual and experience design, typography, composition and color theory. Besides a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Multi-Media Design (or a related field), you have the following:
- Strong digital design portfolio
- 3+ years design experience, preferably in an interactive agency
- Advanced command of standard design and layout applications (e.g. PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign) and HTML and style sheets. Competency with one of the following is a plus: Flash ActionScripting, video editing (e.g. FinalCut Pro), or motion graphics (e.g. After Effects)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize feedback/direction from creative lead to generate multiple design explorations anditerate designs to the satisfaction of lead
- Has managed multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload, and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment)
- Solid understanding of the digital landscape, including everything from ecommerce websites, immersive and personalized online experiences to online campaigns, social media and mobile
- Creative problem solving skills that enable you to evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas
- Careful attention to detail and sensitivity to version control issues.
- Solid knowledge of the production process (e.g. optimizing graphics, compression settings and file size and image optimization)
- Strong verbal communication skills. Able to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-motivation – you like to figure out how to get the work done and do whatever it takes
This is a freelance opportunity.